(UAS2) Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Extension
Unmanned and Autonomous Systems are one of the fastest growing capabilities across a range of domains and industries and have revolutionised the way we collect data‚ deliver packages, and even how we drive, mine and explore the oceans. However, in order to reap the benefits of unmanned and autonomous systems, you must understand their capabilities and how to choose the right system for your application and needs. This course will provide a foundation in unmanned and autonomous technologies for engineers, operators and decision makers working in land, maritime or air domains. This is the Extension Module to UAS1 Fundamentals.
The Introductory course will cover the basics of unmanned systems architectures applicable to land‚ sea and airborne platforms, I.e., what makes up an unmanned system, and what are the key considerations for specifying, acquiring, testing and operating them. A separate module will focus on advanced air platform concepts including airspace integration, certification codes and standards, and quantitative risk methods.
This course is the pre requisit for the extension module which is an additional day.
Decision makers‚ purchasers, engineers, evaluators and prospective operators of unmanned system across?Government (Border Force, Defence and State public services),commercial including the resource and power sectors, and Novans interested in gaining foundational understanding of unmanned systems.
- Understand avaiation safety and airspace integration.
- Understand UAS Certification and regulation.
Interactive face to face learning in the virtual classroom.
Presentation of case studies.
Live demonstrations using simulated systems.
- General understanding of unmanned systems and applications.
- General understanding of unmanned system engineering and operations
- General understanding of unmanned aircraft systems operation, safety and regulations
- General understanding of land and maritime operation and safety
- General understanding of Test and Evlauation of unmanned systems
- Airspace Integration
- UAS Certification & Regulation
- Qualitative risk methods
- Advanced safety analysis techniques
The price listed is the total price including GST where GST is applicable.
NOTE: Courses are subject to cancellation if insufficient student numbers.
You will be notified a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the course commencement.
You will not be charged until the course is confirmed.