(S2) Intermediate Space Course
This course follows on from the Introductory & Executive Courses to provide the student with a more thorough understanding of the different types of space systems, their payloads and their subsystems, as well as more in-depth understanding of orbit types and the space environment. The course uses lectures, examines case studies and the first-hand experiences of the instructors to bring the subject matter to life.
Nova System’s highly experienced team of instructors will provide the student with the skills to understand space systems in sufficient depth to anticipate the major elements required to define and implement or acquire a system with significant a space segment.
Any one with an interest in the conception and design of space systems or the set-up and running of space projects, from engineers and planners to senior management.
- Be able to explain basic spacecraft types, orbit types and understand the orbital parameters.
- Know the basic spacecraft subsystems.
- Be able to make a sensible selection of subsystem elements for a spacecraft with a given mission.
- Be aware of the important parameters in different subsystems, such that you could oversee their procurement.
- Understand the different types of payload available.
A 2-day face-to-face course.
- Provides a high level appreciation of how to design or select space systems to achieve a mission objective.
- The Space Environment
- Space Systems in Detail: Major categories; Understanding spacecraft; and Ground stations
- Orbits: LEO, MEO, GEO and more; Coverage; and manoeuvres, rendezvous, re-entry
- Spacecraft Payloads: Communications, Earth Observation and Position Navigation & Timing
|(S2) Intermediate Space Course||15 & 16 October 2019||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Canberra||$2,000.00|
|(S2) Intermediate Space Course||3 & 4 December 2019||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Adelaide||$2,000.00|
|(S2) Intermediate Space Course||18 & 19 February 2020||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Brisbane||$2,000.00|
|(S2) Intermediate Space Course||28 April - 29 April 2020||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||Wellington New Zealand||$2,000.00|
NOTE: Courses are subject to cancellation if insufficient student numbers.
You will be notified a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the course commencement.
You will not be charged until the course is confirmed.