(S2) Intermediate Space Course
Note to attend this course has the Introduction course as prerequisites.
- Be able to explain basic spacecraft types, orbit types and understand the orbital parameters.
- Know the basic spacecraft subsystems.
- Be able to make a sensible selection of subsystem elements for a spacecraft with a given mission.
- Be aware of the important parameters in different subsystems, such that you could oversee their procurement.
- Understand the different types of payload available.
- Builds on the Introduction to Space course (a prerequisit for this course)
- Provides a high level appreciation of how to design or select space systems to achieve a mission objective.
- The Space Environment
- Space Systems in Detail: Major categories; Understanding spacecraft; and Ground stations
- Orbits: LEO, MEO, GEO and more; Coverage; and manoeuvres, rendezvous, re-entry
- Spacecraft Payloads: Communications, Earth Observation and Position Navigation & Timing
The price listed is the total price including GST where GST is applicable.
|Intermediate Space Course||18 & 19 February 2020||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Canberra||$2,200.00|
|Intermediate Space Course||28 April - 29 April 2020||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||Wellington New Zealand||$2,200.00|
|Intermediate Space Course||1 & 2 December 2020||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Adelaide||$2,200.00|
NOTE: Courses are subject to cancellation if insufficient student numbers.
You will be notified a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the course commencement.
You will not be charged until the course is confirmed.