(S1) Introduction to Space
This course introduces the student to the world of space systems, the environment in which they operate and some of the key aspects one needs to know when conceiving a space mission to perform a certain set of objectives. The course uses lectures, examines case studies and the first-hand experiences of the instructors to bring the subject matter to life.
Nova System’s highly experienced team of instructors will offer unique insight into the rapidly changing global space world and will introduce the student to all the important aspects which need to be understood when conceiving a space mission or use of a space asset for a particular objective.
People in senior management roles and those who require a broad understanding of defining space missions or procuring space systems.
- Understand the nature and rules of the global space sector
- Understand the types of space systems out there
- Understand the basic types of orbits used
- Know what is needed to start defining a space mission
1 day face-to-face.
- Provides a good understanding of the nature of space systems.
- Provides a good understanding of the nature of space business.
- Provides a good understanding of the basics of planning a space mission or acquisition from scratch.
- Introduction to Space: Global market; Mission types and purpose; and Legal and Regulatory Aspects
- Introduction to Space Systems: hardware used to achieve the mission goals
- Introduction to Orbits: placing hardware to achieve mission goals and introduction to environment experienced by hardware
- How to define and plan a Space Mission
- How to estimate costs
|(S1) Introduction to Space||14 October 2019||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Canberra||$1,000.00|
|(S1) Introduction to Space||2 December 2019||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Adelaide||$1,000.00|
|(S1) Introduction to Space||17 February 2020||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Brisbane||$1,000.00|
|(S1) Introduction to Space||27 April 2020||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||Wellington New Zealand||$1,000.00|
NOTE: Courses are subject to cancellation if insufficient student numbers.
You will be notified a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the course commencement.
You will not be charged until the course is confirmed.