(EO4) Introduction to Electro Explosive Hazards
If more than one EO workshop is booked; a discount may be applied to the final price.
The course will enable students to gain an understanding of the key requirements, as well as have the opportunity to quiz the instructor regarding specific examples of how to conduct an EEH assessment.
All Explosive Ordnance (EO) Engineers within Explosives Materiel Branch (EMB). All engineering personnel that undertake review and/or assessment of EO Safety Cases for items which contain Electro Explosive Devices. This course will also provide useful background information to industry personnel/suppliers of EO items to EMB.
- Understanding the hazards posed by EEDs
- Understanding the EO Safety Prescribed Certification Requirements applicable to EO devices which contain EEDs (EO Regulation 5.3 – Electro Explosive Hazards)
- Understanding how the susceptibility of an EED may be assessed and the associated hazards managed So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable
- Gain an appreciation of how RF exposure limits are communicated for EO devices which contain EEDs
- Informing ADF members (Project Managers, Engineering Manager, Logisticians, etc) of the hazards associated with Electro Explosive Devices (EEDs)
- Provides an understanding of the hazards associated with EEDs
- Identifies the applicable Prescribed Requirements specified in DEOP 100 regarding characterisation of EEDs
- Highlights how the Electro Explosive Hazards associated with Explosive Ordnance are managed in the ADF
- Provides baseline technical requirements to all EO engineers developing EO Safety Cases for EO devices containing EEDs
- DEOP 100 Requirements
- STANAG 4560 - Electro Explosive Devices, Assessment and Test Methods for Characterisation
- Assessment of EED Susceptibility
- DEOP Topic -027 Electro Explosive Hazards
The price listed is the total price including GST where GST is applicable.
|Introduction to Electro Explosive Hazards||18 November 2019||08:00 am - 05:00 pm||Canberra||$1,100.00|
NOTE: Courses are subject to cancellation if insufficient student numbers.
You will be notified a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the course commencement.
You will not be charged until the course is confirmed.