Variable Message Format (VMF) & Combat Net Radio (CNR) Executive Overview Course
Overview of Variable Message Format & Combat Net Radio
The VMF & CNR Executive Overview is primarily aimed at Program Managers and those that would like to receive a high level appraisal of the subject. The duration is two hours and attendees will initially discuss how the need for variable message format was established. It will explore the associated technical documentation used to support both VMF & CNR, and discuss the basic features and network architecture. The session will debate the operational use of VMF through a Digitally Aided Close Air Support (DACAS) scenario. Finally, the overview will close on interoperability and data forwarding issues surrounding both VMF & CNR and those potential impacts upon the Australian Multi-TDL Network topology. The overview is designed to promote discussion on what VMF & CNR can provide the user at the tactical, operational and strategic level.
Defence and contractor personnel involved in managing platforms with a VMF capability and/or those persons requiring a high level overview of the subject
- Recognise the components of a VMF system
- State the three US technical documents associated with VMF
- Identify why header and K-Series message length are variable
- State why a VMF User requires three addresses
- Explain VMF networks
- Discuss DACAS scenario and VMF v Link 16
- Recognise and discuss issues surrounding employing VMF
PowerPoint Presentation/Workshop. Visual, Oral, Verbal, Physical (where applicable), Logical, Social (interpersonal) and Solitary (intrapersonal)
- Ability to recognise the components of a VMF system
- Recognise the three main technical documents and the issues surrounding IO
- Identify why a VMF Unit requires multiple addresses
- Aptitude to discuss basic DACAS message exchange
- Recognition of the issues surrounding both VMF & CNR implementation
- VMF History, Users & Basic Features
- VMF Systems & Addressing
- VMF/CNR Networks & Architecture
- Digitally Aided Close Air Support Scenario
- Employment of VMF within the Australian Multi-TDL Network
|VMF-CNRE - May 2019||20 May 2019||09:00 am - 12:00 pm||Canberra||$500.00|
NOTE: Courses are subject to cancellation if insufficient student numbers.
You will be notified a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the course commencement.
You will not be charged until the course is confirmed.