SATCOM UHF Fundamentals - 3 DAYS
This 3 day course provides an introduction to UHF Satellite Communications (SATCOM) for those with a basic background knowledge in communications. The course covers all fundamental aspects required to understand UHF SATCOM principles and is suitable for planners, operators, technicians, engineers and practitioners.
This course is provided through theoretical coursework that focusses on understanding the concepts rather than the underlying mathematics. It offers an up-to-date ADF UHF MIL-SATCOM specific module, which covers the overall ADF UHF SATCOM architecture. The course also provides an overview of software based planning tools developed by Nova which are operationally used by the ADF to plan and configure communications links across UHF military satellites.
Planners, Operators, Technicians, Engineers, and Practitioners.
- Understanding of Satellite Communications Principles.
- Understanding of the UHF SATCOM Environment.
- Understanding of modulation and coding techniques applicable to UHF SATCOM.
- Understanding of UHF SATCOM Equipment including Antenna's, Amplifiers and Radio's.
- Understanding of UHF SATCOM waveform standards.
- Understanding of current UHF SATCOM Systems in Operation.
- Understanding of Military UHF SATCOM Principles.
3 day Face to Face instruction by experts in their field using some real world examples.
- Provides a focus on UHF SATCOM which differs significantly from well-known commercial SATCOM techniques.
- Focus across a diverse skillset as the course is suited for SATCOM industry personnel ranging from planners, operators, technicians and engineers.
- Provides a key understanding of UHF SATCOM waveforms specifically focussed on DAMA principles.
- Explains the key elements of UHF SATCOM systems in a simple easy to understand manner.
- Provides a current snapshot of key UHF SATCOM systems in operation to understand the latest in technology.
- Introduction to the Space Envrionment.
- Introduction to SATCOM Architectures and Capabilities.
- UHF Communications Fundamentals.
- Overview of key UHF SATCOM Segments (Space, Control and User segments).
- Overview of the SATCOM Regulatory Environment.
- Overview of Link Budgets.
- Overview of Modulation/Coding/Multiple Access Schemes.
- Introduction to Geolocation and Jamming.
- Overview of key UHF SATCOM Military Systems (ADF, US and UK).
|SATF - June 2019||17 - 19 June 2019||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||Canberra||$2,950.00|
NOTE: Courses are subject to cancellation if insufficient student numbers.
You will be notified a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the course commencement.
You will not be charged until the course is confirmed.