(T&E7) Systems Engineering Test and Evaluation
The Nova 2-day Systems Engineering and Test & Evaluation (SETE) course introduces the systems engineering framework and the principles of T&E and how they align with each other and with the Defence Capability Life Cycle (CLC).
The SETE course is an attendance only course combining presentations with classroom-based activities to promote learning.
Program/Project Managers involved in the development and/or acquisition of Defence systems.
- Understanding of the Systems Engineering framework and the Capability/System Life Cycle.
- Understanding of the principles of T&E and where T&E fits in the Capability/System Life Cycle.
- Understanding of the importance of requirements in capturing and validating capability needs to a measurable and appropriate standard.
2 days classroom based, face to face.
- Understand the Systems Engineering framework and how it integrates with T&E in the CLC.
- Introduction to Systems Engineering. This module outlines the high-level Systems Engineering Framework and defines key terminology and concepts.
- Requirements Development and Analysis. This module looks at the process behind requirements. Key lessons here are that investing in good requirements up front, greatly ensures the system delivered at the end, meets the user’s needs.
- Human Factors. This module provides students with a general understanding of Human Factors and describes the benefits of considering Human Factors during SE and T&E.
- Acquisition. The intention of this module is to expose students to the acquisition phase of the life cycle and illustrate common pit falls.
- Introduction into Service. This module discusses the role of SE and T&E in verifying and validating support systems and training services which are a key contributor to the capability framework that supports a system.
- Introduction to Test and Evaluation. This module outlines the high-level T&E principles and defines key terminology and concepts.
- Developmental T&E. This module presents an overview of the role of DT&E in systems development and acquisition.
- Acceptance T&E. This module presents an overview of the role of AT&E. It includes a review of contractor documentation (such as test plans, procedures and reports and the verification cross-reference matrix.
- Operational T&E. This module presents an overview of the role of OT&E. It includes a discussion on the role of Capability Groups, frontline units and supporting organisations. It also contrasts the differences between OT&E and other forms of T&E.
- Systems Engineering in Practice. This module provides examples and guidance on the practical application of SE and T&E.
NOTE: Courses are subject to cancellation if insufficient student numbers.
You will be notified a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the course commencement.
You will not be charged until the course is confirmed.