(SS2) Introduction to System Safety Engineering Course
The course provides instruction in the major techniques which can be tailored depending on the organisation it is delivered to. Instruction can be provided in Preliminary Hazard Identification, Bow-Tie Analysis, Functional Hazard Analysis, Energy and Toxicity Barrier Analysis, Health Hazard Assessments, etc. It also explores the concepts of Human Factors and Software Assurance to provide insight into these complimentary but specialist engineering areas.
Finally, the course provides instruction and exploration into the concept of SFARP, System Safety Working Groups, lifecycle approaches and safety culture in order to understand the building blocks to an effective, tailored System Safety Program for their organisation.
- Define and comprehend the role of System Safety in supporting complex engineering activities
- Awareness of the typical system safety standards and their potential application in different environments
- Understand the different strengths and weaknesses of the various techniques and the importance of utilising complementary tools at appropriate lifecycle phases
- Understanding the elements of a System Safety Program Plan
- The ability to apply the common system safety techniques to simple systems (tailorable)
- The ability manage Hazard Logs in large, complex projects
- Understand the role of System Safety Working Groups and the requirements for effective hazard review and mitigation
- Understand the building blocks of a Safety/Assurance Case, including common pitfalls and the detrimental impact of a poor safety culture
- Provides you with the Tools and Knowledge to start building a career as a System Safety Engineer
- Provides a foundation for anyone who is required to operate as a System Safety Manager within a large engineering project or program office
- Case Studies based on Real Examples
- Class Exercises on Various Techniques
- Video Case Studies
- Evaluation of Safety Case Reports
The price listed is the total price including GST where GST is applicable.
|System Safety Engineering Course||16 - 20 March 2020||08:30 am - 05:00 pm||Canberra||$4,400.00|
|(SS2) Introduction to System Safety Engineering Course||30 Mar - 3 Apr 2020||08:00 am - 04:30 pm||Wellington New Zealand||$4,400.00|
|(SS2) Introduction to System Safety Engineering Course||24 - 28 August 2020||08:00 am - 04:30 pm||Canberra||$4,400.00|
|(SS2) Introduction to System Safety Engineering Course||28 Sep - 2 Oct 2020||08:00 am - 04:30 pm||Auckland New Zealand||$4,400.00|
NOTE: Courses are subject to cancellation if insufficient student numbers.
You will be notified a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the course commencement.
You will not be charged until the course is confirmed.